You must include your name and email address. You may also modify the subject or message text if you wish.Please click here if you have trouble viewing the message text ...
Click here to send your email to the 4th US Circuit Court judges. This email will open in your email browser unlike most email campaigns. This is because the appellate court is blocking emails from Florida Family Association’s email delivery server. If the above link does not open in your email browser or if the email is returned to you please prepare an email using the suggested subject line, content and seventeen email addresses provided below.
Suggested subject line:
Please reverse district court order in International Refugee Assistance Project v. Donald J. Trump No. 17-1351
I respectfully urge you to reverse the district court’s order in International Refugee Assistance Project v. Donald J. Trump case No. 17-1351.
US District Judge Theodore Chuang issued an order that halted enforcement of the second travel ban on the erroneous basis that it likely violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment because it discriminates against Muslims. Judge Chuang’s order:
• Acknowledged but failed to recognize the president’s statutory authority to execute the ban pursuant to Sections 1182(f) and 1185(a) of Title 8.
• Failed to consider the travel ban addressed only six of forty-nine (12%) Muslim majority countries. Pew Research reported on January 31, 2017 there are forty-nine Muslim majority countries. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/01/31/worlds-muslim-population-more-widespread-than-you-might-think/
• Ignored the fact that the travel ban applied equally to all nationalities and religions from the six designated countries.
• Failed to recognize that for the past 30 years, every President has invoked that power to protect the Nation by suspending entry of categories of aliens.
• Is unprecedented in that it restrains an executive order by the President of the United States because of statements that he made as a private citizen before he swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution.
• Strongly appears to place a priority on politics instead of justice.
Judge Chuang’s order perpetuates a dangerous myth that President Trump’s travel ban is a “Muslim Ban.” What other federal laws will be unenforceable against Muslims if the U.S. Courts erroneously rule that President Trump and his administration are biased against Muslims?
Please make our national security a priority over politics and our public safety a priority over political correctness. Please reverse the district court’s order in International Refugee Assistance Project v. Donald J. Trump case No. 17-1351.
Return to Florida Family Home page