You must include your name and email address. You may also modify the subject or message text if you wish.Please click here if you have trouble viewing the message text ...
I am very disappointed that Marriott hosted another CAIR banquet given their sympathy for terrorist allies, support for Sharia law and angst toward Israel. CAIR will hold yet another fundraising banquet at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington VA. on December 17, 2016.
CAIR is working hard to make Sharia law legal in the United States.
* CAIR sent out a press announcement on April 7, 2015 applauding Iowa's failure to pass legislation that would have banned Sharia law in their state courts. http://www.cair.com/press-center/press-releases/12927-cair-iowa-welcomes-failure-of-anti-islam-bill.html
* CAIR sent out an email alert on March 30, 2015 asking their members to send emails urging Arkansas lawmakers to oppose HB 1474 which would prohibit Arkansas courts from recognizing foreign laws including Islamic Sharia law. http://floridafamily.org/images/CAIRopposesArkansasantishariabill.pdf
* CAIR called on their supporters to urge members of the "South Carolina General Assembly to reject ... House Resolution 3521 (which) seeks to "prevent a court or other enforcement authority from enforcing foreign law, including but not limited to, Sharia Law in the state. ..." http://www.cair.com/press-center/press-releases/12908-presidential-candidate-ted-cruz-to-speak-at-event-featuring-hate-group-leader.html
* CAIR-Ohio website states the following regarding the CAIR-Cleveland April 23, 2013 banquet: "The keynote speaker, Asifa Quraishi-Landes, Esq., from University of Wisconsin Law School spoke about her new report entitled 'Sharia and Diversity: Why Americans Are Missing the Point.'" http://www.cairohio.com/media/cleveland-a-northern-ohio/press-releasesarticles/352-more-than-400-turn-out-for-cair-cleveland-civil-rights-banquet.html
* CAIR issued a press release on March 1, 2012 titled CAIR Releases Community Toolkit to Challenge 'Anti-Sharia' Bills. CAIR started a nationwide campaign to fight for Sharia to be legal in more than 20 states. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cair-releases-community-toolkit-to-challenge-anti-sharia-bills-141075123.html
Here's more reasons why many Americans are concerned about CAIR’s history and agenda:
* The United Arab Emirates’ ministerial cabinet listed the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) as one of 83 banned terrorist organizations on November 15, 2014. http://www.wam.ae/ar/news/emirates-arab-international/1395272465559.html http://www.nationalreview.com/article/393614/cair-terror-group-daniel-pipes
* CAIR chapters demonstrated in the streets across America to show their support for Hamas even declaring that “We are Hamas.” http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/florida-cair-protest-we-are-hamas/
* Omar Ahmad, Chairman and founder of the Council on American Islamic Relations, told a Muslim crowd Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth. http://www.danielpipes.org/rr/394.pdf At the Islamic Association of Palestine’s third annual convention in Chicago in November 1999, Omar Ahmad gave a speech at a youth session praising suicide bombers who kill themselves for Islam. Fighting for freedom, fighting for Islam — that is not suicide. They kill themselves for Islam, he said. http://www.danielpipes.org/rr/394.pdf http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/mar/16/20040316-085118-1135r/?page=all
* Nihad Awad, CAIR Executive Director, said I am in support of the Hamas movement. http://www.investigativeproject.org/223/cairs-awad-in-support-of-the-hamas-movement Mustafa Carroll, executive director of the Dallas-Fort Worth CAIR branch, told a crowd at a Muslim rally in Austin, Texas earlier this year If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land. http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/we-are-above-the-law-of-the-land/
* Ghassan Elashi, founder of CAIR’s Texas chapter, in 2009 received a 65-year prison sentence for funneling over $12 million from the Islamic charity known as the Holy Land Foundation to the jihad terrorist group Hamas, which is responsible for murdering hundreds of Israeli civilians. http://www.jta.org/2009/05/28/news-opinion/united-states/holy-land-founders-get-life-sentences#When:10:32:00Z
* Mousa Abu Marzook, a former CAIR official, was in 1995 designated by the U.S. government in 1995 as a “terrorist and Hamas leader.” He now is a Hamas leader in Syria. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4195457,00.html
* Randall Royer, CAIR’s former civil rights coordinator, in 2004 began serving a 20-year prison sentence for aiding al-Qaida and the Taliban against American troops in Afghanistan and recruiting for Lashkar e-Taiba, the jihadist group responsible for the 2008 Mumbai jihad massacres. http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2004/January/04_crm_030.htm
* Bassem Khafagi, CAIR’s former community relations director, was arrested for involvement with the Islamic Assembly of North America, which was linked to al-Qaida. After pleading guilty to visa and bank fraud charges, Khafagi was deported. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-87207070.html
* Rabih Haddad, a former CAIR fundraiser, was deported for his work with the Global Relief Foundation (which he co-founded), a terror-financing organization. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/jul/23/20040723-082950-9083r/
CAIR is an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case--so named by the Justice Department during the HLF trial. http://www.nysun.com/national/islamic-groups-named-in-hamas-funding-case/55778
CAIR pressured the FBI in February 2012 to remove 876 pages and 392 presentations from their education resources that were offensive to Islamists. NPR reported: The FBI has completed a review of offensive training material and has purged 876 pages and 392 presentations, according to a briefing provided to lawmakers. http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/JWSRGovtPurgeAndActiveMeasures5Dec2013.pdf http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/03/28/149564721/fbi-pulls-offensive-counterterrorism-training-materials
CAIR pressured the FBI in June 2013 to stop their Most Wanted advertising campaign which helped the FBI gain information regarding the whereabouts of dangerous terrorists.
CAIR pressured Illinois Governor Pat Quinn to ban anti-terrorism training expert Sam Kharoba from instructing law enforcement officers throughout the state. http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2013/08/chicago-cair-doesnt-like-counter-terrorism-trainer-sam-kharoba.html
CAIR demanded that the Florida Department of Law enforcement (FDLE) ban anti-terrorism training expert Sam Kharoba from instructing law enforcement officers in the state. Although the FDLE declined to adopt the policy requested by CAIR no law enforcement agency in Florida has contracted Sam Kharoba’s anti-terrorism training services following CAIR’s demands. http://floridafamily.org/full_article.php?article_no=186
CAIR pressured Lane Community College to fire a professor for attempting to teach the truth about Islam in a course titled What is Islam. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cair-anti-muslim-hate-group-leader-to-teach-islam-at-oregon-college-111273914.html
CAIR pressured Brandeis University to cancel speaking engagement and human rights award planned for Ayaan Hirsi Ali because of her criticism of Islamists. https://www.cair.com/press-center/press-releases/12444-cair-welcomes-brandeis-universitys-withdrawal-of-honor-for-islamophobe-ayaan-hirsi-ali.html
CAIR pressured several networks to censor numerous programs including "Alice in Arabia," "Executive Decision," "24," "The Siege," "True Lies," "Rules of Engagement," "Obsession," "The Third Jihad," "Jihad in America," “Tyrant,” and "The Sum of All Fears." http://www.cair.com/press-center/press-releases/12509-cair-seeks-meeting-with-fx-on-possible-stereotypes-in-tyrant.html
Sadly, it appears that some American hoteliers are not willing to offend Islamists but have no problem cancelling traditional American values conferences. The Amerimar Enterprise owned Hutton Hotel canceled a pro-American, pro-Family groups’ Preserving Freedom Conference scheduled for November 11, 2011. The content of the conference was designed to combat Sharia. The Hutton Hotel cancelled the conference after receiving complaints from Islamists.
Americans who are concerned about CAIR’s history and agenda have the First Amendment Right to complain about this event and choose hoteliers who do not give place to the same.
I will be certain to remember Marriott's continued hosting of Hama-Muslim Brotherhood linked CAIR banquets when booking my hotel accommodations in the future.
Return to Florida Family Home page